Are you looking for a psychologist that is a registered NDIS Service Provider? Our psychologists are able to provide services for the following classes of support:
- Specialist behavioural intervention support
- Behaviour management plan creation and training in behaviour management strategies
- Individual assessment
- Individual counselling
Early Childhood Supports
- Specialised individual therapy for early childhood
Support Co-ordination for NDIS Participants
- Specialist Support Coordination designed to help you achieve the goals of your NDIS Plan by linking you with the services that are right for you
As a registered NDIS Provider, we can assist people who are eligible under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) access Psychological Services tailored to their specific needs.
Need a Psychological Assessment as part of your NDIS application?
We also offer Diagnostic, Cognitive and Neuropsychological Assessments which are sometimes necessary during the NDIS application process.
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing individualised support for people with permanent and significant disability. NDIS is the insurance that covers all Australians. As we all know, disability could affect anyone and having the right support makes a big difference. It offers people effected by permanent and significant disability choice in how they manage their individual situation. For more information about the NDIS their website can be found here.
Who is the NDIS for?
The NDIS is for all Australian’s under the age of 65 who live with permanent or significant disability.
This means the person will most likely have the disability their whole life, affecting how they do everyday activities like making meals, having a shower, going to work or school.
The NDIS is not available to everyone, everywhere in Australia. It will be made available around the country in stages. The NDIS website has useful information regarding the national rollout of the scheme.
What does the NDIS do?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) understands that everyone has different needs, aspirations and preferences. The NDIS provides eligible people with a flexible, whole-of-life approach to support them in the pursuit of their goals and help them participate in daily life.
- NDIS provides information and referrals, such as links to services (such as a NDIS Psychologist) and activities, individualised plans and where necessary, supports over a lifetime.
- They raise community awareness and encourage greater inclusion and access to mainstream services, community activities and provide other government initiatives.
- They support service providers (such as a NDIS Psychologist) to build skill and capacity, and be part of the scheme.
- Over time, they will develop new and better ways of providing support, by improving on what works well and seeking improvement from the lived experience of people with disability.